When Lord Shiva appeared in the form of the Agri pillar, he had five faces. The first word that originated was the word (ॐ नमः शिवाय ) Om Namah Shivaya originated from his five faces which are considered to be the first mantra of creation. The five elements were the forms of earth, water, sky, fire, and air.
Om Namah Shivaya Mantra Lyrics
“Om Namah Shivaya” is a Hindu mantra committed to Lord Shiva who is one of the most significant gods of Hinduism. The mantra is thought to be among some of the most effective and well-known mantras of Hinduism which is said to offer prosperity, peace, and spiritual uplifting for those who sing it.
“Om” is the sacred sound that is the universal sound and the ultimate truth in Hinduism. “Namah” means “to bow” or “to salute,” and “Shivaya” is a name for Lord Shiva which refers to “the auspicious one” or “the one who is pure and unchanging.”
The meaning behind “Om Namah Shivaya” is “Om Namah Shivaya” can be read as “I bow to Lord Shiva, the auspicious one who is pure and unchanging.”
“Om Namah Shivaya” in Hindi is “ॐ नमः शिवाय”
The mantra is usually repeated repeatedly it is thought sacred in Hinduism when performing Japa Mala or while meditating. The belief is that when one repeats the mantra with dedication with concentration and focus, one is able to cleanse their mind and achieve spiritual awakening.
It is said that the mantra has been proven to be an effective tool for spiritual development as well as self-discovery and connection to the divine. It is believed to eliminate negative energy and create peace and prosperity in your life.
Om Namah Shivaya Mantra Meaning
“Om Namah Shivaya” is one of the most important mantras of Hindus. This mantra is as simple as it is miraculous. This mantra purifies our body and it also enhances our ability to meditate. The original meaning of Om Namah Shivaya is that I am saluting Lord Shiva. It is also called Shiva Panchakraksha Mantra or Panchakraksh Mantra.
This mantra is completely dedicated to Lord Shiva. Along with this, it is also eaten Panchakshari Mantra or Panchakshara Mantra. Because it consists of 5 Akshari Mantras (N + M: + Shi + Va + Y) with the original sound ॐ word. Chanting of this mantra can be done at any time, it is very beneficial for our health along with religious benefits.
Om Namah Shivaya attached with the five essential elements of the materialistic world NA – MA -SI – VA – YA.
Na – Earth Element (Prithvi Tattva)
Ma – Water Element (Jal Tattva)
Si – Fire element (Agni Tattva)
Va – Air element (Vayu Tattva)
Ya – Space element (Akasha Tattva)
1) The letter “NA” is placed in the first chakra, which represents earthiness and solidity. On an emotional level, it has a lot to do with problems of life, and the right to belong and have. It is located between the anus and the genitals at the base of the spine.
2) The “MA” rises to the second chakra, which is defined by the water aspect and deals with emotional sexuality, including the right to feel and want. It is positioned just below the navel.
3) The “SI” is located in the solar plexus and rises to the third chakra or jeweled city. The aspect is fire, and the emotional themes are personal strength, the right to act, and standing in one’s power.
4) The “VA” ascends to the fourth chakra, or heart base, a little higher. Air is variable. This chakra is the first to travel beyond the animal soul’s lower three densities, allowing an opening to love, as well as the freedom to love and be loved.
5) The “Ya” is assigned with the ether and space and resonates in the fifth chakra, or throat middle. It also addresses problems of speech, as well as the freedom to talk and be heard.
How to Chant Om Namah Shivaya Mantra Efficiently?
There are certain points you need to follow before chanting Om Namah Shivaya Mantra Efficiently:
1) Take a bath in the morning and sit with your legs crossed and your back straight. Close your eyes and grasp a Jaap-mala in your hands. Begin chanting the mantra Om Namah Shivaya. Chanting the Om Namah Shivaya mantra in your prayer room is a great idea.
2) You should sit in a relaxing and relaxed spot. The mantra may be chanted aloud or repeated in one’s head. The mantra must be chanted at the same rate as you talk. It is necessary to repeat the mantra while feeling as though you are bowing to Lord Shiva in your heart. As a result, you must repeat this mantra with reverence for Lord Shiva.
3) Chanting this mantra, in reality, is equivalent to bowing down to the Almighty God. You will experience God himself if you say this mantra in your mouth. You must, however, repeat this mantra with complete confidence. Miracles will begin to happen for you. Chanting the mantra “Om Namah Shivaya” will of the harmful effects of the planets by up to 99 percent.
4) You can repeat the Om Namah Shivaya mantra at least 108 times in one sitting. Continue to sit in the same place. The sacred energy will begin to wrap itself around you.
How Does Om Namah Shivaya Mantra Heal You?
When you start believing that life is conspiring against you and there is no peace now there is turmoil, then this mantra will show you the path of peace and give you the clarity and wisdom to respond with feeling and respect. Om Namah Shivaya Mantra straddles your ego and aggression, it shows you the right path and removes tension from your exaggerated mind.
According to astrology, this mantra is very powerful in reducing the harmful effects of negative “planets” and also reduces the bad effects that are posted on your natal chart that arise from the negative effects of these planets in your life. According to enlightened people, chanting this mantra in the morning and evening is most beneficial, however, it is not limited only to these hours, any mantra can be chanted anytime, especially when in negative powers or trouble. This mantra is dedicated to Shiva because it has versatility and has great power.
How Many Times You Should Chant Om Namah Shivaya Mantra?
You should chant this Om Namah Shivaya Mantra 108 times.
The chanting of Om Namah Shivaya Mantra leads to the attainment of all desires. This mantra, which gives both enjoyment and salvation, also pacifies all the diseases of the chanter. Obstacles do not come to the person who chants this mantra and Yamraj has ordered his messengers to never go to the person who chants this mantra. He attains salvation, not death.
Om Namah Shivaya Mantra is Shiva Vakyya, this is Shiva Vigyan. One who has this mantra continuously in his mind becomes Shiva Swaroop.
What is the difference between Om Namah Shivaya and Om Shivaya Namah?
First of all, you should know that Shivling is worshiped with 4. While the worship of Lord Shiva (Om Namah Shivaya) is performed by Namah Shivaya. Shivalinga is called the formless form of Shiva while the Shiva idol is called the plum form of Shiva. So you should understand this thing completely. If you are worshiping Shivling, then you have to chant only 7. And if you are worshiping the idol of Shiva, then you chant the cable Namah Shivaya.
Must Read: Shiva Panchakshara Stotram Lyrics | शिव पंचाक्षर स्तोत्रम्
Benefits of Om Namah Shivaya Mantra In Real Life
Chanting Om Namah Shivaya Mantra is quite simple and its benefits are quite beautiful. Just full faith is needed and there are some ways to awaken that belief.
In today’s world, most people suffer from stress – it becomes necessary for people to do something for their Vedic, peace, to extract themselves from within. “Om Namah Shivaya” There is no mere mantra – it is a cult, and there is a soul present in it. This mantra purifies the soul through the soul Om Namah Shivaya is just the sound wave is the wave of life.
1) Om Namah Shivaya mantra is said to be the “Moksha Giver” mantra. The chant helps to calm your mind and increases blood flow to the brain’s neurons. Neuron plasticity is the medical word for it.
2) This mantra helps to control your senses, nerves, and anxieties.
3) Moral values will start to grow in the kids. Positive vibes will get emitted from that house and also from people that live in that house.
4) The mantra Om Namah Shivay helps to calm down your mind and cools your mind, and you get peace of mind.
5) This mantra frees you from animal passion and rude behavior. The mantra improves the positive energy and reduces toxicity in your body. There is a reduction in anger and aggression. These changes will begin to appear in 25 to 30 days of regular chanting of the mantra Om Namah Shivay.
6) Practicing regular repetition of this mantra, at least 108 times a day, helps you to get Siddhis, Urza, or strength.